Bluntly put, these are the unpleasant things that have taken place this past week:
1. I was denied a private loan once again. The question of whether or not I will be attending university this coming semester is in question. At this time, I don't know how I am going to pay for school. I could go into details about how my immediate family is unable to assist me, and how my extended family refuses to, but I don't wish to sound prude or desperate (even though I am).
2. For three days, my mother and I were snowed in. We had yet another blizzard in this part of the country, which pretty much grounded everyone for a few days over Christmas. Many people were without power due to the amount of ice we received, and many more were snowed in until yesterday. At the moment, this is the most snow (in the month of December) the Omaha metro area has seen in more than 60 years. Currently, there is about two feet of snow on the ground; and that isn't counting the six-foot-plus drifts.
3. My mother and I spent Christmas alone at the house, watching T.V.
4. I was not invited to my dad's family Christmas.
Now, on the contrary, these are the good things that have happened (or will happen) this week:
1. A. is arriving today; in a few hours, to be exact! I am, to say the least, very excited to see him, and am incredibly happy that he will be spending New Year's here, with my family.
2. New Year's Eve will be fun, of course, but the subsequent two days will also be wonderful. My mom's family Christmas is the first of the year, and my immediate family will have ours the following day, on the second.
3. I have a time capsule that I get to open this year. I made it when I was nine years old.
4. I'm thinking of how I can pay for school; examining my possibilities.
5. I got a free lunch today. It was delicious.
6. I took some pictures of my house when the storm started, and have begun editing them. They are the ones that I am sharing in this post, albeit it is a day late.